Boss Katana 50 Guitar Amplifier
Crafted Tones, Forged for Rock
With 50 watts of power and a custom 12-inch speaker, the Katana-50 delivers a commanding range of gig-worthy tones that gracefully slice through any band scenario. The amp also excels for home playing, with a uniquely efficient design and innovative Power Control that provides inspiring sound and response at low volumes. In addition, the Katana-50 includes integrated access to 55 BOSS effects, which are customizable using the free BOSS Tone Studio editor software. Up to 15 different effects can be configured in the amp at one time, enabling you to bring fully prepared tones to the stage in one amp.
Katana is the traditional sword carried by the historic samurai of Japan
and is a symbol of honor, precision, and artistry in Japanese culture.
Adopting the majestic swordís name with pride, the Katana series
presents guitar amplifiers with smooth, cutting tones honed by
generations of dedication and expertise.
Born of the development
process behind the acclaimed Waza amplifier, these innovative amps
embody BOSSís determined pursuit of the ultimate rock sound. Featuring
proprietary circuit designs and meticulous tuning, the Katana series
combines traditional craftsmanship and breakthrough functions to produce
true next-generation rock amplifiers.
- † Stage-ready 50-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- ††† Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- ††† Choose from 55 customizable effects with BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- ††† Store 15 different effects on board, with three effects available simultaneously
- ††† Dedicated gain, EQ, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- ††† Two memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- ††† Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- ††† Built-in tilt stand for optimal monitoring and sound projection
With Practical Grab-and-Go Operation
While the Katana-50 includes many advanced features, itís amazingly simple to operate. Dedicated knobs for multiple gain stages and three-band EQ allow you to quickly dial in your tone by ear, just as you would with a standard tube amp. Essential effects parameters are adjusted with a simple knob twist, and memories can be stored with a brief button hold.
The Power Control is great for throttling back the volume for small stages and home playing, and also includes a Standby setting that mutes the sound for switching guitars or taking breaks. And by flipping out the integrated tilt stand, you can easily angle the amp back for better sound projection. With Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central!