Boss Katana Artist Guitar Amplifier
After making waves over the last few year in the amplifier market, Boss have taken the ideas and concepts to offer the proffesional player a full featured, giggable amp that delivers all the sounds and functionality to hold its own amongst a world of valve amps.
It's for good reasons that Katana amps have received acclaim throughout
the world for their authentic tube tone and feel.† All of this along
with the on-board BOSS effects makes this series of amps exceptional
value for all players.† Now Boss launch the Katana-Artist, a flagship
amp that's designed with so much in-built class you'll be blown away!
Here's a list of the main features we're excited about:
- The speaker is a Boss in-house designed Waza G12W, based on those classic speakers we all know and love from the 60s.
- Front Panel Controls allow easier access for greater control.
- Midi functionality allowing you to integrate with midi-pedals, channel switching plus accessing the amp's internal effects.
- External speaker outs - handy for live gigs.
- Plus it has a slightly bigger cabinet for better bass response and a thicker cabinet construction to deal with life on the road!
Flagship Tones, Crafted for Pro Players
The flagship Katana-Artist combo takes Katana performance to new heights, offering all the latest series features along with numerous refinements tailored for the needs of professional players. Outfitted with a premium 12-inch Waza speaker, semi-closed cabinet, newly re-tuned amp characters, and much more, the 100-watt Katana-Artist is a powerhouse tone machine for all types of music, from blues, jazz, and country to the heaviest rock styles.
- Professional 100-watt combo amp with enhanced tone and all the latest Katana features
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence for any performing situation
- Robust analog class-AB power amp section delivers the authentic tone and highly musical response that Katana amps are noted for
- Custom Waza 12-inch speaker realizes classic British stack speaker tone and response with increased power handling capacity
- Newly designed cabinet with ultra-solid construction and semi-closed back for tight, focused tone with rich low end
- Five unique amp characters, custom-tuned for optimum performance with the Katana-Artistís cabinet and Waza speaker
- Choose from 58 customizable BOSS effects and many effect routing configurations with BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Dedicated panel controls for Cabinet Resonance and Line Out Air Feel functions
- Effects loop with position, gain, and series/parallel operation configurable via BOSS Tone Studio
- Support for external control with optional footswitches (GA-FC, FS series) and MIDI
- Stage-ready patches for all music styles available at BOSS Tone Central
About the Katana Amp Series
Katana - the traditional sword carried by the historic samurai of Japanóis a symbol of honor, precision, and artistry in Japanese culture. Adopting the majestic swordís name with pride, the Katana series presents guitar amplifiers with smooth, cutting tones honed by generations of dedication and expertise. Born of the development process behind the acclaimed Waza amplifier, these innovative amps embody BOSSís determined pursuit of the ultimate rock sound. Featuring proprietary circuit designs and meticulous tuning, the Katana series combines traditional craftsmanship and breakthrough functions to produce true next-generation rock amplifiers.
Refined Tones for Stage and Recording
Built for pro players, the 100-watt Katana-Artist combo features a new cabinet design with front-facing controls and a premium Waza 12-inch speaker. The semi-closed back is ideal for rock tones, and the tight, rugged construction produces rich, full sound with impressive projection. You can further tweak the response for your touch with the dedicated Cabinet Resonance control, which customizes the dynamic interaction between the ampís output section and speaker. In addition, the sound and response of the Katana-Artistís five amp characters have been fine-tuned to work in perfect harmony with the Waza speaker and new cabinet.
Waza Speaker: Legendary Tone, Modern Power
A standout feature of the Katana-Artist is its custom Waza 12-inch speaker, which produces tones inspired by the benchmark 25-watt British stack speaker from the 1960s. BOSS set out to fully capture the rock speakerís sought-after sound and response, but with the practical benefit of greatly increased power handling. Through detailed analysis of original speakers and careful selection of the magnet, cone material, and other construction elements, BOSS has fully realized this goal. Delivering rich, resonant tone with wide dynamic range, the Waza speaker brings the ultimate vintage rock sound to a compact 100-watt combo amp for the very first time.
Five Original Amp Characters, Fine-Tuned for the Katana-Artist
Newly refined specifically for the Katana-Artist, five selectable amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds. Clean is natural and transparent, while Crunch offers satisfying grit and response. Lead has a wide gain range to suit many styles, from fat, stinging blues solos to fluid legato shredding. With DNA inherited from the Waza amp, Brown delivers refined high-gain tone sought after by the worldís greatest rock players. The Acoustic character further enhances the Katanaís versatility, providing optimized tone that makes acoustic-electric guitars sound stunningly natural.
Leave Your Pedalboard at Home
With its built-in BOSS effects, the Katana-Artist lets you perform anywhere with just a guitar and amp. Connecting to BOSS Tone Studio via USB provides access to 58 fully-customizable effects, and you can load your favorites into the ampís various effects sections. Going beyond standard distortion, delay, and reverb, the selection includes powerful tone-shapers like pitch shifting, ring mod, slicer, channel and global EQs, and many more. Thereís also an effects loop for patching in that external gear you canít live without. And via BOSS Tone Studio, youíre able to move the loopís position, adjust input/output gain, and select series/parallel operation as needed.
Tone Settings: One-Touch Recall of Custom Amp and Effects Setups
One of the Katana-Artistís most powerful features is the ability to store favorite amp channel and effects setups in Tone Setting memories for instant recall. After youíve dialed in a sound with the panel controls, simply save it to the desired memory with a quick button hold. Eight Tone Settings (two banks of four) are available, and you can easily select them from the panel. Itís also possible to use an optional external footswitch for hands-free control on the gig.
While the Katana-Artist includes many advanced features, itís amazingly simple to operate. Familiar controls for gain, presence, and the three-band tone stack let you dial in sounds quickly, while essential effects parameters are adjusted with a simple knob twist. And with the convenient Power Control, youíre able to roll back the overall volume while retaining the expressive tone and feel of a cranked-up amp. The Katana-Artist also features line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with cabinet simulation, allowing you to send micíd up amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones. Using the panelís Air Feel knob, the spatial character of the cab simulation can be instantly adjusted to suit different songs or styles.
Free Patches and Editor Software
At the BOSS Tone Central website, youíll find numerous free amp and effects setups for the Katana series. Created by pro guitarists, these setups provide ready-to-play sounds for various music styles, and also make great starting points for building your own sounds. They load into the memories in a Katana amp via the BOSS Tone Studio editor software, which is also available at the site. In addition to Katana effects selection and customization, BOSS Tone Studio gives you a convenient way to organize all your Katana setups for different gigs, recordings, and practice sessions.